Monday, January 2, 2012

Things I Happen to Know

I know damn well wasps like ketchup,
I know a man by his cap,
I know an awesome time from a fuck up,
I know a pine tree’s got sap,
I know a hobo from a chap,
I know a Quebecois by his “oui?”
I know a wink from a slap.
I know it all, but not me.

I know the smoker by his smell,
I know the hipster by his taste,
I know a liar by his "well...",
I know the student’s life (a waste)
I know a slutty top from a chaste
I know a neckbeard goes with geeks
I know a hot wing by its glaze
I know it all, but not me.

I know a Costco from a Loblaws
I know a Mac from a PC
I know safe drugs by the bylaws
I know a pug dog is wheezy
I know a cat by my sneezing
I know a public servant’s card-key
I know a good book from a sleazy
I know it all, but not me.

Cheap or expensive, willing or loath,
Boss, I know everything, see?
I know Death comes for us both
I know it all, but not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment