Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Temple

When the robin returns to view
And in the city pigeons start picking
Again at the breadcrumbs

I would hasten to the court;
I would memorialise
For the right to build me a temple.

There, high beyond the reach of government;
A valley lies between two skyscraper mountains
Why not dwell there?

All mythology is not so ordinary,
And all the great writings come from
An original folklore.

Who cares about religious toleration;
The rectification of names is a scam
As all words are solid as.

What mode shall we borrow
What tune shall we build upon
For this, our literature?

I do not know much about things.
What I think or think I think is not mine
But I go with what I'm told.

Days and days of rain do not disturb
The black squirrel anymore than
He's already used to.

There is a right and a wrong
But there is also a reversal of them;
We're all so confusing.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be a monk already if only my faith had a religion.

    ReplyDelete